"The Donald's" career:
Donald Trump is the greatest career achiever of the "baby boomer" generation.
Donald Trump has reached the zenith in his careers as book author, TV
entertainer, sports entertainer, real estate developer, and currently politician.
* Donald Trump has authored more than 18 books. At least one of them, "The Art of the Deal" was a top seller.
* Donald says that the Holy Bible is his favorite book. "The Art of
the Deal" is his 2nd favorite book. And "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale is his third favorite book.
* He likes golf. Donald Trump has developed more than 11 golf courses which bear his name.
* Donald Trump has twice been nominated for an Emmy Award
* Donald Trump has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
* Donald Trump has been inducted into the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.
* Donald Trump has appeared in more than a dozen movies such as "Home Alone 2", "Zoolander", and "Little Rascals".
* Donald Trump has been a guest actor in more than 6 TV shows such as "Fresh Prince of Bel Aire", "Days of Our Lives", "Sex and the City", and
* Trump has been the executive producer of 7 TV shows.
* Trump has been the guest host of 5 TV shows such as Extra, Larry King Live, Saturday Night Live and more.
* Donald Trump has been co-producer of the longest running reality TV show.
* Donald Trump performed in several WWE wrestling shows.
* Donald performed in Wrestlemania 23 which set attendance records and revenue records up until that time.
* In his first candidacy for public office, Donald Trump received the most popular votes for the President of the United States out of a field
of experienced and successful politicians. And in most cases, he achieved this with less money than any of his opponents. Keeping in mind that 90% of start up businesses fail, Trump's record of enterprise is nothing short of amazing. Trump has enjoyed success in at least 11 very different enterprises: Professional football, ice skating rinks, fragrance, ice, steaks, wines, model management, airline, blenders, men's wear, bicycle races, world class beauty contests, and many others. In some of these, such as model
management, his firm has risen to the top of that particular industry.
* There are 31 buildings that bear his name.
* The largest private real estate development in New York is Trump Riverside. Drive down the Henry Hudson Blvd. - you can't miss them.
* There are at least 12 Trump Towers
* There are at least 6 Trump Plazas.
* There are at least 11 Trump Golf Course developments.
* And considerably more in real estate.
* Trump Entertainment, Casinos and Resorts was recently sold to Carl Ichan.
* Donald Trump's personal managing of the Wollman Ice Skating Rink project in the early 1980's is the quintessential case study for MBA students in Wharton, Harvard, and other business schools. His performance there was phenomenal.
* Donald Trump's privately held businesses have employed more than 200,000 people.
* In the casino business in Atlantic City, Trump had to do business with known mobsters … and he stayed "clean" and alive.
* Aside from his personal investments, Donald Trump has never been a Wall Street "player".
The Political Trump:
About 1967 - 1987 - Democrat (he was a supporter of Ronald Reagan)
1987 - 1999 - Republican
1999 - 2001 - Reform Party (he supported Ross Perot)
2001 - 2009 - Democrat
2009 - 2011 - Republican
2011 - 2012 - Independent
2012 - Present - Republican
Donald Trump was openly supportive of Mitt Romney's candidacy. Donald Trump does not seem to hold political party organizations in high regard. For the most part, his political involvement has been for practical reasons. Donald Trump does not appear to be held to political ideology.