09 August 2013

Goodbye, My Love

Exactly three weeks have passed...21 days...since we parked your car in the shade of a beautiful white oak tree. Just three days before that I had to say my final goodbye to you, the love of my life.

You were tired and frustrated because your car could not take you on all the rounds that you were used to making. You were so tired of trying to make it go just like it used to do, but that was not to be.

I miss you so terribly much and now this is the only way I have of telling you. The words of someone else will have to do. They seem to be fitting.

God looked around his garden
    And he found an empty place.
He then looked down upon this earth
    And saw your tired face.
He put his arms around you
    And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful
    He always takes the best.
He knew that you would never
    Get well on earth again,
So he closed  your eyelids
    And whispered "Peace be Thine."
He then gook you up to heaven
    With hands gentle and kind.
It broke our hearts to lose you
    But you did not go alone,
For part of us went with you
    The day God took you home.

No comments: