20 November 2012

2012 Election Allegory

6 November is two weeks behind us. In case has you have short term memory problems, that was the election day that wil live in infamy. What follows is a brief lesson we will continue to learn the hard way.
The 2012 Presidential election was heating up and some of the children in one school classroom began to show an interest. The teacher decided that the children would have an election for a class president. Kids would choose the nominees and each would make a campaign speech, after which the class would vote. Discussed were the kinds of characteristics nominees should have. There were many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were selected to run for the top spot. 
The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids.
The teacher thought Jamie might have an advantage because he had parental support. 
Olivia's mother was not known to the teacher.
Several days were allowed for the nominees to prepare their speeches.    
Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make the class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best.
       Everyone applauded and he sat down.
Then it was Olivia's turn to speak. Her speech was succinct  She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down.
The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."
       Surely she would say more. She did't have to.
A discussion followed.
How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. But no one pursued that question. They took her at her word.
Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it? She didn't know.
The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was ice cream.
Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a landslide.
Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream and 51.4 % of the people reacted like nine year olds.They want ice cream.The other 48.6% know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess.

Remember this. The government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else.

Did you vote for the ice cream?

And that is how Obama got elected ... by those who want everything for free!

No comments: